Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fun times

Avery and I have had lots of fun playing the past couple weeks whether it's at her playgroup, music class, library class or at home on the floor. She's covering a lot more ground these days and can go forwards several feet.
She's also completely OVER her baby food. She pushes my hand away whenever I want to give her any baby food, but sometimes Dada can still get an open mouth from her. I've had to come up with lots of prepared foods to give her during a meal so she eats anything from tofu, black and white beans, edamame, corn, plums, peaches, grapes, apple, chicken, ground turkey or hamburger meat, sweet potatoes, any kind of whole wheat bread or pasta AND she ate 2 chicken dumplings Tuesday night with Scott and me for dinner. I thought she was already done with her dinner, but she made room for 2 big dumplings (of course cut into Avery sized pieces).
So here's some new pics... here's Avery wearing some fancy hats.


Here's a pretty smile with 2 center lower teeth showing!!!

More pics of her teeth at breakfast this morning....

Daddy opened all the windows this morning while he was getting ready for work and it was FREEZING in the apartment. Avery and I had to bundle up and get cozy after he left until the heat kicked in.

Here's Avery at music class today. See how far away from me she got?? She didn't want to have anything to do with me during class today... it was all about the other parents and moving to the center of the room.

Avery was covered in ribbons for a couple mins and couldn't figure out what to do with them... we moved from twirling scarves around this week to twirling ribbons... you can see why that would be confusing, right??

Here's Avery eating her musical instruments (as usual). She's great at shaking them for a little bit, but she finds them irresistibly tasty and can't resist the taste test.

and here she is again very far away from me....

That's all the Avery news for now!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Terrific photos. I love the smiles with two lower teeth. What class/play group do you two attend?

Unknown said...

We have a library class on Tuesdays, Music Class on Wednesdays and a Brooklyn Heights Playgroup on Fridays with babies 6-12 months. It's a good group b/c it's mom's only (no nannies) so I'm meeting a lot of nice people. Tomorrow they are bringing in a photographer for Halloween so hopefully I can buy some cute pics of Avery the mouse.