Monday, September 17, 2007

24 Weeks

It was another fun weekend. Most notably...

(1) We spent a couple hours at the Brooklyn Book Festival, which was a first for us both. First, we listened to Marty Markowitz interview Dominic Carter. (Probably only our NY readers will have any idea who either of these folks are.) Then we watched a panel discussion with Joseph "Rev Run" Simmons, his wife & brother (not Russel, some other guy). It was a nice event overall, and hopefully next year we'll get to attend even more events.




(2) We had another open house, which takes a lot of work to prepare for, even with our little apartment. After the ordeal of being moved out of the apartment for two hours, Missy and Monty decided to buddy up and stick together for awhile.


(This is about as close as they every lie together.)

(3) We walked down to DUMBO and had dinner at Grimaldi's, which serves what is pretty much known as the best pizza in New York, which would thereby make it the best pizza in the country. (You heard me, Shana & Lisa!)


After years of hearing the hype, I was skeptical, but I have to admit, it was really great stuff. Cheryl sat under a painting that depicted Marlon Brando as Don Corleone saying "I'm going to make you a pizza you can't refuse."

(4) Although I get to feel Avery moving around pretty much every time I put my hand on Cheryl's belly, this was the first weekend where we could see her bumping & moving around. The bumps were not big ones, but we could definitely tell that she was bopping around in there. Cheryl said she thought Avery might have even had hiccups. It was really cool to see.

(5) Finally, Cheryl made it to 24 weeks. Here's a new picture!


2 comments:

Lisa Griebling said...

Wow, you guys are so good at documenting your life! I'm sure that in the future Avery will love reading what you two were doing while she was in production. As far as your pizza experience, there was a place in new york that I had asked you about once... I think that it was listed (with Chicago's Art of Pizza) as one of the top 5 pizza places in the country. Maybe we could have a blind pizza tasting and see which our family defines as the best? I highly doubt that Grimaldi's (what kind of name is that?) is any better than Chicago's beloved "art..."

Cheryl & Scott said...

You make some interesting points, Lisa. I would love for you to explain the logistics of how you see this blind taste test unfolding.

Is Art of Pizza the one we had at Shana's house during Mom's BD weekend? If so, I will admit that that was great pizza.