Sunday, June 29, 2008

sitting up AND eating solids!

What a big week!! Grandma and Grandpa stopped by for a visit this week and Avery had a hard time napping during their visit. As Grandpa said he saw the best of Avery and he saw the worst of Avery... and the worst wasn't soooo bad. Marmel visited this weekend from Ohio and she picked a good weekend to visit!!! Avery has now become a pro at sititng up by herself (she still needs a spotter/catcher, but she can last a while on her own). Roberta stopped by this morning to visit from Philly and got to see Avery in action.
We also tried rice cereal on Saturday and Sunday. Her first attempt was very successful - maybe 70% actually went into her mouth. Today, not so great, maybe a 20% success rate. She was really blowing a lot of bubbles into the milky cereal (which made it fly everywhere) and she really liked putting her tongue under the spoon instead. Oh well... we'll keep trying!

Calm Avery with Grandma

and then 2 seconds later...

A happy Avery loving her Marmel...


Daddy feeding Avery her rice cereal

Mmmmm...see I can eat really well...

Mom, do we have to do this every day???

Look at me sitting up playing with my toys...

Now I have a better angle to drool all over my shirt...

I have great posture, don't I??

Mom trying to imitate my big mouth...

Daddy making me fly

Me posing with Daddy's childhood Winnie the Pooh.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just look at the photos and comments again and again....and they repeatedly make me smile and laugh. I love it. It's so great looking at your beautiful family anytime. Thank you!
Love,
Dad/Stefan/Gramps

Kelly said...

Have I said this before - she is so cute! You can really see from these pics that she is such a happy baby. Must be the parenting!
Also, I'm thinking I've seen that Winnie the Pooh before - it's been a while though!
Hugs to that little girl!!!